- Cross the mighty southern continent off your bucket list
- See scientists at work at an Antarctic research base
- Experience the teeming wildlife of the islands of the Southern Ocean
- See the Antarctic ice first-hand with our expert Zodiac drivers
- Enjoy views of tabular icebergs of epic scale
- Zodiac cruise spectacular bays looking for orca, minke, and humpback whales
Journey with us as we explore picturesque bays and famed harbours of the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands.
Prepare yourself for towering icebergs, awe-inspiring wildlife, and historical sites that will take you back to the very first days of Antarctic exploration.
There are great opportunities to stop at several active scientific bases and historic landing sites as we spot numerous species of penguins, seals, and whales along the rugged coastlines and in the sea.
Day 1: Arrival, Ushuaia
No need to stress about missed connections or flight delays as you arrive with plenty of time to unwind and enjoy the beautiful Arakur Resort & Spa or spend time discovering the southernmost city in the world, Ushuaia.
Day 2: Ushuaia
Explore the sights of Ushuaia such as the museums and Argentinean leather markets or continue relaxing at the hotel. Attend the optional evening briefing for the opportunity to ask questions and meet some of your fellow travelers.
Day 3: Embarkation
Spend your morning exploring Ushuaia or unwinding at the resort until our mid-afternoon transfer to the ship. Our Expedition Team and ship staff will greet you on board, followed by a safety and orientation briefing and Captain’s welcome dinner.
Day 4-5: Drake Passage
Join our Polar Experts as they teach you about everything Antarctic, from wildlife to history; participate in our renowned Citizen Science program; or sit back and take in this fabled journey while catching exciting glimpses of wildlife. Grab your binoculars to identify the many seabirds that follow the ship as we cross the Antarctic Convergence into Antarctic waters and noticeably cooler temperatures.
Day 6-7: South Shetland Islands
The volcanic South Shetland Islands offer amazing abundance and beauty, so we’ll hop into our inflatable Zodiac boats and spend as much time as possible exploring. Be prepared to marvel up close at nature’s glory!
Day 8-10: Antarctica
Here we’ll explore any number of picturesque bays and famed harbors, maneuvering through majestic channels as we travel the wildlife-rich waters. There are great opportunities to stop at several active scientific bases and historic landing sites as we spot numerous species of penguins, seals, and whales along the rugged coastlines and in the sea.
Day 11-12: Drake Passage
We leave this magical place and make our way north, once again crossing the legendary Drake Passage. We have one last hurrah as we celebrate the conclusion of our expedition with a special slideshow and a final meal together.
Day 13: Ushuaia Disembarkation
With huge smiles on weary, content faces, we disembark in the morning, letting you catch a flight to Buenos Aires or stay in Ushuaia for more sights and adventure.
Departures & Prices
Tour Price Includes
- Two pre-voyage hotel nights in Ushuaia
- Transfer from airport in embarkation city to group hotel if arriving on Day 1 of itinerary, and providing we have your confirmed air itinerary at least 30 days prior to departure
- Transfer from group hotel to ship for embarkation
- Shipboard accommodations
- All meals on board
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (some super premium brands excluded)
- Coffee/Tea/Cocoa 24 hours a day
- All scheduled landings and excursions
- Our Citizen Science program: participation in a variety of scientific activities that support important research projects
- Expedition jacket (yours to keep)
- A pair of loaner boots for use during the voyage
- WiFi from the public computers
- 200 MB WiFi card for use on your personal devices
- Daily international news service
- All port fees
- All landing fees
- Digital Voyage Log
- Group transfer from ship
Tour Price Does Not Include
- Any airfare or travel expenses associated with arrival in Ushuaia or Puerto Madryn other than those listed above
- Transfer from airport to group hotel, unless arriving on Day 1 of the itinerary
- Pre- or post-voyage expenses in Ushuaia
- Travel insurance; medical insurance; evacuation coverage
- Laundry and personal expenses incurred on board
- Onboard communication charges such as outgoing phone calls, WiFi from personal devices in excess of the 200 MB provided
- Staff gratuities
What to Expect
What to Expect
Our Celebrating Antarctica cruise program allow you to experience the best of the natural world, while enjoying the comforts of our friendly floating hotel. The ship generally makes crossing between islands at night, so every morning you awake to new vistas and discoveries. Every day we offer a combination of interesting shore excursions and fun shipboard activities. You can choose which elements of the program you want to participate in.
Our excursions onshore will involve a relatively low level of exertion, but you will need a reasonable level of mobility to get up and down the gangway and climb into and out of Zodiacs (with assistance). Some of our shore landings will be ‘wet’, requiring waterproof boots. Once you have left the zodiac, you’ll find our shore excursions accommodate both those who wish to enjoy a gentle stroll and those who prefer more active hikes. Our onboard specialists will join us on these shore excursions to provide interpretation and narration to these wonderful landscapes and experiences.
Each evening we will gather in the lounge to recount the day’s events and share memorable stories. Our expedition leader will outline the following day’s schedule. Our resource staff of naturalists, historians, and other guest speakers will give informative talks at various times throughout the voyage.
Meals in the ship’s dining room are a great opportunity to meet new friends and recount the day’s adventures. Special diets can be accommodated with advance notice. Safety is also a top priority with Eagle-Eye Tours – our team has extensive experience in the field, and all of our Voyages are run in conjunction with operators with the highest safety standards.
When the ship is underway, it is a wonderful time to join a naturalist on deck, take photos of the stunning scenery, or get caught up on some reading in the library.
We know that everyone travels for different reasons. Over the years, however, we have found one common element among the guest who choose to travel with us – a thirst of knowledge and authentic experience. Knowing this drives us to ensure the highest quality learning experience on our trips, by taking time to carefully design each trip we offer.
Ship & Deck Plan
Ship & Deck Plan
A WORLD-CLASS SMALL SHIP EXPERIENCE
Seaventure features a 1-A Super ice class rating — the highest ice class awarded to passenger vessels. This means that we will be able to explore coves, bays, and channels that would previously have been forbidden to us.
The ship also offers a host of new activities. There’s a sauna, a fitness center, a custom-built citizen science lab, and heated saltwater pool. There is more storage space, which is important because it means we can carry more equipment, so that more of our guests can participate in activities like kayaking and camping.
The common areas are larger and beautifully appointed, and the ship has two kitchens, one on the Lido deck for al fresco dining when weather permits.
Come explore with us.