Covid-19 Guidelines & Protocols
(updated December 8, 2022)
We deeply care about the places we travel to and the people who travel with us. The safety of our guests, local operators and guides, and the communities we visit, is of utmost importance. We want you to enjoy everything that our tours have to offer with absolute confidence. We have been consistently updating our Covid-19 guidelines & protocols since 2020.
After 1.5 years of cautious traveling, our tours will be subject to the following guidelines and protocols, effective January 1, 2023:
Before the tour
- We recommend keeping your social activities at a reasonable pace before you join the tour, so that you are well rested and ready to travel!
- Clients and guides that have been asked to self-isolate due to catching Covid-19 are not allowed to join the tour.
During the tour
- We recommend that you wear a mask while in the van. If you have any cold or flu symptoms, the guide will ask you to keep it on.
- We encourage anyone with cold/flu symptoms to take their meals in their room or at a separate table from the rest of the group.
- If you start to feel too unwell to continue with the tour, we will encourage you to take a break from the tour for a few days. We will arrange some accommodation for you, and if you start to feel better, and time permits, we assist with making travel arrangements for you to catch up with the tour.
- Mandatory masking, testing, or isolation following a positive test for Covid-19 will only be required if it is required by the jurisdiction we are travelling in.
Hygiene & Sanitation
- We will provide hand sanitizer throughout the tour and participants will be encouraged to use it when entering vehicles. We also recommend bringing your own personal supply of sanitizer for times when it is not available.